Daniel Weissbach immortalizes the ordinary and gives space to the unsolicited with art that honors the detritus of life, bringing our attention to their existence with eye-catching and alluring aesthetics.
He uses acrylic on canvas to create a shiny lacquered surface that serves as a platform for his imitations of dirt, scribbling, spray paint, old stickers, chewing gum, and other often overlooked items. This provides the essence and shape of the artworks that form the German artist’s ongoing Stellen (Places) series, which highlights areas of our urban environment that recall underground stations and swimming halls.
The works represent the man-made grids that give us the power of control and the ability to organize our lives, while making us aware of the alternative paths next to these tidy grids.
- Mixed Pickles 12 New York 2023/01/06 - 2023/02/19
- 10 Years Ruttkowski;68 Cologne 2021/12/12 - 2022/01/02
- Mixed Pickles 9 Munich 2021/04/22 - 2021/04/25
- Mixed Pickles 8 Berlin 2020/09/10 - 2020/09/13
- Mixed Pickles 7 Cologne 2020/05/01 - 2020/05/29
- Mixed Pickles 6 Cologne 2019/12/15 - 2020/01/12
- Mixed Pickles 5 Berlin 2019/04/26 - 2019/04/28
- Mixed Pickles 4 Cologne 2018/12/02 - 2019/01/06
- Mixed Pickles 3 Berlin 2018/04/28 - 2018/05/03
- Mixed Pickles 2 Cologne 2017/12/10 - 2018/01/03