Frédéric Platéus work comes from his fascination with technology, science, and motor sport aesthetics. His work has the ability to slide back and forth between movements of popular culture.
The virtuoso technique of his sculptures often gives them a high-tech appearance stripped of any real function making them as unreal as impeccable. Perhaps this explains why critics have related his work to the tradition of Finish Fetish, a movement born on the west coast of the United States during the end of the sixties.
These artists drew inspiration freely in their daily environment: from sports in vogue like surf, craft techniques such as sheet metal painting, as well as advanced technologies – the aeronautical industry was then in full boom.
Like them, Platéus’ sensitivity to the urban environment and his use of industrial materials create a unique oeuvre of modern life.
- Mixed Pickles 12 New York 2023/01/06 - 2023/02/19
- Mixed Pickles 11 Cologne 2022/09/02 - 2022/09/18
- #ruttkoenig Berlin 2019/09/07 - 2019/09/14
- Mixed Pickles 9 Munich 2021/04/22 - 2021/04/25
- Mixed Pickles 8 Berlin 2020/09/10 - 2020/09/13
- Mixed Pickles 7 Cologne 2020/05/01 - 2020/05/29
- Mixed Pickles 6 Cologne 2019/12/15 - 2020/01/12
- Mixed Pickles 5 Berlin 2019/04/26 - 2019/04/28
- Mixed Pickles 4 Cologne 2018/12/02 - 2019/01/06